Athens, Greece





















GREECE! I am so excited to share where we went on our trip. Mitchell and I did not get a honeymoon trip so I decided that we would go on one during his spring break. 
This was my first international trip that I planned and boy was it AMAZING. Greece has always been a dream of mine to go ever since I watched Mama Mia, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and of course all the Pinterest pictures. 
We booked our tickets with SwissAir and let me just say that airline was incredible. They were so nice, the plane ride was relaxing, food was delicious and just was a pleasant experience. We flew into Switzerland and had a layover then from there flew into Athens (it was around 21 hours of traveling). From there we spent just one day being tourist and exploring the city. Honestly you just need one day there in my opinion. Here is what we did...
  • We stayed at the Electra Hotel. This hotel was amazing since it was right on the main shopping street so we were close proximity to everything. I highly recommend staying there and plus Greek breakfast included! 
  • We walked all around town seeing the ruins and streets. We walked up to the Acropolis of Athens, Ancient Agora of Athens, and Theatre of Dionysus. The history of these places are incredible. These are a must see. 
  • We then found our way looking at the street food, many shops, and the flea market. We ended up eating at this place with Gyros which were on my bucket list and BOY are they delicious. I have craved them everyday since being home. And the wine was cheap in price but rich in flavor! 
And that was our Athens trip. I only wanted to be there a day which was plenty of time. 
Next week check out my post on...
SANTORINI

Here is our vlog from Athens :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Santa

beanie and sparkles

Valentines Day Kisses {cookie style}